Thursday, April 26, 2012

Home, sweet Harstad


When I got back to Harstad, I was contacted by an international company, Cartus.  They are a cross-cultural training company based out of the USA.  There is a Norwegian family here in Harstad that is moving to Saint Johns, Canada for two years and they were desperately searching for a Canadian to do some presentations for the parents and their 2 children, 7 and 9.  They are paying me and I have to do 3 presentations for them.  I think it will be fun and will finally be a productive use for my Canadian pride that I have developed since traveling.
Saturday night the international students had a prom as a farewell thing.  We all got dressed up and had a nice dinner prepared for us.  It was really nice to see everyone looking their finest.  We surprised other guests with a random flash mob dance which was interesting, Im not really sure how it turned out but it was video taped so Im sure it will end up on Facebook at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment